ACT Prep

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Webquest on Financial Aid!!!!!

Complete the following questions on looseleaf paper (don't write the questions down!)

Name 2 scholarships you are interested in.

How can I tell if I and my family is eligible for financial aid?

Do I have to wait until I am admitted to apply for financial aid?

Should I reapply for financial aid every year?

Complete the Expected Family Contribution Calculator (EFC) here http://apps.collegeboard.com/fincalc/efc_welcome.jsp Don’t put in your results but please do it.

My parents did not claim me on their tax returns this year and I am 18. Can I file my FAFSA as an independent student?

Should I use a scholarship search company to help me find money.

Is the money I receive from financial aid taxable?

What if something happens that changes my family's application information based on the most recent tax year, or my family has had unusual expenses in this last year?

What is the difference between an unsubsidized Stafford and subsidized Stafford loan?

What is a Pell Grant?

How is my financial aid package determined?

List five helpful financial aid Web sites?

Are there grade requirements to receive financial aid?

List down specific financial aid information for 3 Colleges you are interested in applying to.




If you finish early you can work on a scholarship application at fastweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home